Welcome to Felger’s Footwear
We have been locally owned and operated in the Houma, LA area since 1991 and our owners have 35 years industry experience in properly fitting shoes. From infant to adults, for men, women and children, we fit our customers in shoes that meet their specific needs. We carry comfort shoes with a flair for fashion. Our customers are family and we strive to make everyone feel that way as soon as they enter our store.
In certain situations, therapeutic shoes are best and we have a Certified Fitter of Therapeutic Shoes on staff to assist you. Whether its diabetes or bunion issues, Plantar Fasciitis or you just have a custom built orthotic from your physician, we can help. Some also have custom-molded insoles and are mostly used by people who have been known to suffer from diabetes or have some orthopedic issues.
Back to School
The Best Source for School Uniform Shoes
We are dedicated to giving our customers what they need. Most private and parochial schools in the area require students to wear specific school uniform shoes. We keep them in stock all year, not just in July and August for back-to-school shopping. If your child loses their shoes or has a growth spurt, we have you covered. Every year we contact each school to review their policy and help them formulate any new policies or changes to existing policies.
Therapeutic Shoes for All Your Foot Problems
Felgers’ Footwear in Houma, LA offers its customers high-quality therapeutic shoes that provide real relief to people with foot problems. We have a Certified Fitter of Therapeutic Shoes on our staff who makes sure that your feet are properly taken care of. Each person on staff is trained to personally measure your feet and ensure that your shoe size is correct. We then, fit you with shoes that are not just comfortable to wear but also great to look at. All our footwear is designed to keep your feet and body healthy and happy, every time you take a step!
We Are Associated With:
- National Shoe Retailers Association
- National Federation of Independent Business
- Houma-Terrebonne Chamber of Commerce
- Girls on the Run of Houma-Terrebonne
Fun Foot Facts
Taking good care of your feet and getting properly fitted shoes for them is important! Here are some fun facts why:
- 1/4 of all the bones in the human body are down in your feet. When these bones are out of alignment, so is the rest of the body (there are 52 bones in a pair of feet).
- It’s neglect and a lack of awareness of proper care – including ill-fitting shoes – that bring on problems.
- When walking, each time your heel lifts off the ground it forces the toes to carry one half of your body weight.
- It’s rare that two feet are exactly the same; one of them is often larger than the other.
- In a pair of feet, there are 250,000 sweat glands.
- 75% of Americans will experience foot problems at one time or another in their lives.
You can find more information here: http://www.foot.com/site/professional/foot-facts.
Visit our Store Today!
Are you looking for a shoe store that offers a wide range of comfort and therapeutic shoes for the whole family? At Felger’s Footwear, we have a certified fitter and trained staff on hand to take care of all your footwear needs. Visit our store today!